Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
CSA UK & Ireland - Inaugural Chapter Meeting
Thursday, March 24, 2011 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Topic: The Cloud Security Landscape - an Ethical Hacker's View
Speaker: Peter Wood, CEO, First Base Technologies LLP
You are invited to attend the Inaugural Meeting of the Cloud Security Alliance’s UK & Ireland Chapter. The meeting will be hosted by KPMG at their new offices at Canary Wharf, Docklands, London, on 24th March 2011, commencing at 15.00.
The meeting will run for approximately two hours, and will cover a number of aspects (see outline agenda below). The core presentation of the afternoon will be given by Peter Wood, CEO of First-Base Technologies, and strong advocate of Cloud Computing as a cornerstone of future information services.
The UK & Ireland Chapter of the Cloud Security Alliance was recently formed with the following objective: “To provide a programme which allows all stakeholders in cloud services to become engaged in discussion to increase their understanding of the risks in order to allow them to manage those risks to attain benefits from the use of such services".
Key benefits of participation in the CSA UK & Ireland Chapter are:
- Providing a forum for all stakeholders (from large organisations, policy-setters, to SMEs and the public) to discuss the management of risks to information to enable benefits to be realised from the use of cloud services.
- Providing an environment for all stakeholders to expand their knowledge of how to manage information risks within the cloud, through research and workshops.
- Provide a platform for professional development through the participation in research, workshops and providing content for publication – and the achievement of recognised knowledge certification in this specific field.
Due to the venue security requirements the registration finishes 1 day before the event. If you do not register you will not be able to enter the building!
The outline Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
15:00 - Tea/Coffee and registrations
15:20 - Introduction – President
15:30 - Chapter Establishment
- Confirmation of approval from CSA Global
- Terms of Reference – purpose and objectives
- Stakeholder communities (vendors/suppliers/providers, end-user client organisations (public and corporate sectors, and public/consumers)
- Key Activities
- Organisation – Executive Board and Advisory Board
- Further steps
16:00 - Opening presentation – Peter Wood, CEO, First-Base Technologies
16:30 - Content planning and research working groups
- Topic ideas (within ToR scope)
- Brainstorm of potential areas for development work
- Volunteers and formation of 3 – 4 research working groups
17:15 - Meeting close and networking
As you can see from the Agenda, we are keen to attract participants who are interested in taking part in collaborative working groups, aimed at developing research in a number of topics across the Cloud-related field, where these can help to add greater definition, clarity, value and skill.
Attendance is free for registered members of the CSA UK & Ireland Chapter – for which the introductory level of membership is also free-of-charge (see membership links at http://cloud-security.org.uk/membership). However, as places are limited and will be allocated on a ‘first-come’ basis, you are advised to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.